Apr 8, 2012

Lunchbox Amp 1watt

This is a new build. This amp will be a lunchbox sized amp 8.75" wide x 6.75" tall with output in the 1-watt range. This amp I'm using Medium Density Fiberboard. I started out by making two acrylic templates on the laser cutter. Here I cut-out a bunch of boards just a little larger than the overall 8.75x6.75 size.

Here is the acrylic template for all of the amp except the very front piece. The front piece will have the speaker cutout. I drilled 4 holes near each corner to make the jig-saw work easier.


Not much to look at in this state.


Here is what it looked like with the template attached. I used a 1/2" flush-cut router bit with a top bearing. The bearing rides on the acrylic. That way each piece will be identical. I also drilled two 1/4 holes so I can add a dowel. This will help align each piece when I glue then together.




This is the Front Speaker Baffle. It just has a round hole for the speaker to mount in from the front. I also did a rabbit cut so the speaker will sit flush with the front wood face.


Added a few of the other pieces.




And with still others added. Eventually I will place 1/4" dowels in those alignment/locator holes at the top and bottom. Then glue each piece together.


No comments:

Post a Comment